A Comprehensive Guide to Modern Cloth Dryer Selection, Use and Maintenance Tips from Appliance Experts
A modern cloth dryer has become an integral part of modern homes. It allows you to quickly and conveniently dry clothes. Due to many settings, it retains the original quality of things for a long time. The machine not only dries but also irons and removes unpleasant odors. Let’s know more about this helpful device in detail.
Do You Need a Cloth Dryer?
- Drying things sometimes cause a lot of trouble, given the fact that the family has children. Sometimes there is not enough space in the house for all the clothes to dry on time, and there is simply no way to hang wet laundry on the street. The weather doesn’t always allow you to dry your laundry on the road. When drying at home, there is another set of difficulties. Therefore, you must choose a modern cloth dryer. The marketplace is full of options. You can select a suitable model of the device under your budget.
Advantages of the Modern Cloth Dryer
- Experienced users and experts highlight several advantages that modern drying machines have. These include the following:
- Ultra-fast and efficient laundry drying,
- No need to hang up your clothes,
- Smoothing wet laundry during drying,
- A large number of features,
- Easy maintenance and operation,
- Attractive appearance and
- Saving your valuable time.
Design And Installation Type
- The battery-powered cloth dryer is particularly popular with apartment owners who have little free space. It is suitable for quick drying of small items during the heating season. Its advantages include inexpensive cost and compactness, but it is not ideal for heavy and oversized underwear.
- The tub dryer is fixed at its edges and works in several positions at once. It opens up to 180° — this allows you to dry clothes of different sizes. This dryer is suitable for drying delicate laundry when washing without pressing — the water will flow directly into the bath. When folded, it is compact and narrow. A wall-mounted dryer is also installed in the bathroom. According to the accordion principle, it is designed — one part is attached to the wall, and the other is stretched. It is most often made of metal. It can withstand up to 10 kg of wet laundry.
- The wall-mounted pull-out dryer can be installed on the balcony or in any room. It is attached to two walls and stretches between them. The floor dryer can be placed anywhere in the house or even on the street. Many models are equipped with additional shelves and hooks, which will allow you to hang a large number of big and small things. There are also transformer dryers that can change their configuration depending on the amount and type of laundry. The total functional area of such a dryer reaches 20 meters.
Connecting to Electricity
- Electric dryers are a modern option. At the place of attachment, they can be wall-mounted, floor-mounted, or suspended. The floor-standing electric dryer can withstand a weight of 10 to 30 kg, depending on the model. The power level is usually between 60 and 230 watts. The main feature of such dryers is the drying speed of laundry. An electric dryer dries clothes very quickly, but the energy costs will be higher than usual. Thanks to the temperature controller and timer, these dryers can accommodate different linen and textiles: from delicate blouses to blankets. An electric dryer can be dangerous if there are small children in the apartment.
- The aluminium dryer is inexpensive, relatively strong, and lightweight, but it can deform and darken over time. Steel dryers are expensive and have a lot of weight, but they are not subject to deformation and corrosion, even with prolonged use. Plastic dryers are inexpensive. Usually, they have a small size, and they are designed for light laundry. These dryers are not very strong. Wooden dryers are eco-friendly and durable but require special treatment.
- Dryers can be either front-loaded or vertically loaded. A large number of models represent the former, so there is plenty to choose from. The latter can be used in small rooms because they do not require “extra” space for opening the door.
- The amount of time you spend drying depends on the drum volume and the weight of the load. This is especially true for families with children, where you have to wash and dry almost every day.
- The drum volume in models with horizontal (front) loading is usually 100-120 liters, while the “vertical” volume is only 80 liters. The capacity of the “dryer” is selected based on the volume of the drum of the washing machine. It should be more prominent because the clothes in the dryer should move freely inside the drum. As for the weight, the most popular models are cars with a load of 7-9 kg.
- Pay attention to other characteristics of the drum. The application area depends on the speed of its rotation because each fabric has its speed. The presence of a reverse (rotation in different directions) also increases the drying speed and prevents creasing. For delicate handling of things, you should choose models with a cellular drum. Its internal cavity has a characteristic relief resembling a honeycomb.
- The most modern drying machines are equipped with a heat pump — a particular device for cooling the air passed through the laundry drum. That is, in fact, a compact refrigerator.
- In traditional dryers, the air is cooled by the difference in temperature with the indoor air, which was found to be inefficient. The presence of a particular cooling device (a compressor that pumps in refrigerant) at first glance is associated with additional electricity costs. But the practice has shown that as a result, this solution is more economical, and the total electricity consumption for drying clothes is lower.
- The fact is that the cooling circuit of the heat pump takes away excess air heat at the time of condensation of moisture and heats the next batch of air, which is just being prepared for delivery to the drum. Electrical energy is thus consumed only once but performs practical work twice – working for cooling in one part of the machine and for heating in the other.
- Noise isolation is significant: inexpensive appliances can work too loudly. Expensive premium structures have a noise level of 60dB. Indicators for comfortable use should not exceed 85dB.
- Note: If you don’t understand the technical specifications of the drying machine, it’s better to communicate with experts and consultants. They will help you in the device selection process as per your budget and wishes.
- To dry clothes, turn on the appliance. After this, the process of drying clothes begins. The air inside the chamber heats up and begins to circulate. Being blown with warm air, the things in the cabinet dry out, and moisture comes out with the exhaust air. It is good if it is possible to remove moist air outside the room. After some time, your clothes dry completely.
Care & Maintenance
- Use the appliance carefully and pay attention to its well-being. Turn the switch off when it is not in use. Clean it regularly and make sure there is no dirt on the internal and external sections of the device. If there is a technical problem or the appliance is not working smoothly, call Canada appliance repair experts without delay. Specialists will look into the issue and provide viable solutions. After service, repair, and maintenance, the dryer starts to work smoothly once again.