TIPS TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR REFRIGERATOR
Today, almost all apartments have a refrigerator. A modern person can’t do without it. To last for a long time, it is necessary to adhere to specific recommendations for its use. The secret to the long-lasting and reliable operation of the refrigerator lies in the device’s proper care. With careful handling, this household appliance can last for more than 20 years. Let’s have a look at some helpful tips mentioned below:
Clean the Condenser from Dust
- Take a look at what’s going on with your refrigerator’s condenser. You may be amazed at how much dust has already accumulated on it. You must clean the condenser regularly. It performs a vital heat exchange function and protects the compressor from overheating. Timely cleaning of the condenser helps extend the refrigerator’s life by 10, 15, and sometimes even 20 years. Just extract the corresponding panel. To clean the condenser located on the back of the fridge, you need to move it away from the wall. Before cleaning the condenser, turn off the refrigerator. To avoid damage, use a vacuum cleaner or a special brush carefully. This will help remove stubborn dirt. Don’t forget to clean the fan as well. If possible, hire a specialist to carry out this job.
Store Your Food Properly
- Do not fill the refrigerator more than its capacity as the air will not cool properly. This will lead to food spoilage and premature equipment failure. Distribute all products evenly in the chamber, leaving a free space between them and the walls. Store food in plastic wrap or a closed container. This will avoid the loss of taste qualities and the spread of smell in the refrigerator.
Defrost the Refrigerator
- You need to defrost, wash and wipe the refrigerator periodically. If this is not done, there may be unpleasant consequences. For example, the appearance of unpleasant odors or the formation of mold. This occurs due to the appearance and reproduction of certain types of microbes, for which a cold and humid environment is the optimal living conditions.
- Do not allow the formation of a snow coat on the walls and shelves of the freezer. If the fur coat’s growth occurs quickly enough, you need to check the seal’s quality on the refrigerator door.
- The presence of a fur coat made of ice and snow reduces the efficiency of the refrigeration unit. Suppose this is ignored, the load on the compressor increases. This leads to overheating and additional power consumption. In some cases, excessive snow on the evaporator surface can be a harbinger of failure. If a large amount of snow has accumulated on the evaporator’s surface, then defrost the refrigerator.
Turning the Refrigerator on and Off
- Do not turn on the refrigerator immediately after it has been disconnected from the mains. You need to wait for some time (10-15 minutes) and only then turn it on. For example, you need to vacuum behind the refrigerator. You turned it off, moved it away, cleaned it up, and put it back in its place. The whole procedure took 5 minutes. After that, you need to wait another 5-10 minutes; then, you can turn it on.
- If the refrigerator has been turned off for a long time, do not need to fill it with food immediately after turning it on. Let it work empty for a while and get cold. After that, you can put the products.
Find the Right Place for Your Refrigerator.
- This should be done immediately after purchasing the refrigerator, but it’s not too late to rearrange it. Do not push the refrigerator into tight niches so as not to interfere with air circulation. Do not forget that the refrigerator should not be located near heating devices or in direct sunlight. Do not place it on a heated floor.
Keep the Refrigerator Door Seal Clean.
- If the sealer works well, cold air will remain inside the refrigerator, while warm air will not enter it. The sealer can be cleaned with soap and water. Avoid aggressive cleansers. To check the seal’s tightness, take a piece of paper and press it down while closing the refrigerator door. If it falls out or is easily removed, the seal is worn out, and it is time to replace it.
- The refrigeration unit’s long-lasting and trouble-free operation begins immediately with its purchase, namely delivery and installation. At the same time, it must be transported in a vertical position so that the compressor oil does not get into the heating circuit, clogging the filter element. After transportation, you should not immediately turn on the unit in the network and wait a few hours for the oil to drain into the compressor. To extend the life of the refrigerator, it is necessary to ensure thorough and regular cleaning. It should not only require washing but also airing the cells.